Instructions & Ingredients
by Renee Altman RHN, Verity Nutrition
Serves 2-3 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 5 bacon slices
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 servings Kaslo Sourdough classic rotini Pasta
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half and cut butternut squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil and spread evenly on a sheet pan. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook slices of bacon in a saucepan until crispy. Remove cooked bacon and set aside to cool. Save saucepan for later.
- When the bacon has cooled, chop into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Boil water for the pasta, cook to desired firmness (5-8 minutes). Drain.
- Remove Brussels sprouts and butternut squash from the oven.
- Combine vegetables, bacon and pasta into the saucepan.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and parmesan cheese (optional).
Serve and Enjoy!